Monday, November 16, 2009

I promised myself that I would not talk too much about diving on this blog. In fact I contemplated starting another one just so that I could chronicle my new obsession and leave this one alone... happy in its curated world of architecture, ceramics, graphics and yarn, or for lack of a better word, land stuff.

But today, dear friends, beware... there is cross-over.

I just couldn't help myself with my growing sea urchin menagerie. Yesterday I was lucky enough to go diving and was able to add a few to the collection. And when I laid them out this morning, I just couldn't resist taking photos.

The natural world is astounding. Speaking of, have you seen this incredible footage of a pair of sea dragons?

3 comments:

sophie munns said...

stunning images Debi,
hard not to be taken with these delicate forms from the ocean!

charlotte said...

i absolutely adore these. they're magical.

I'm Revolting said...

Your photographs are poetry. The pauses between objects, the color choices, the simplicity of the objects. Love love love.